The short or long-stay visa can be canceled abroad by the diplomatic missions or consular offices of Romania, and in the country by the border police bodies, at the occasion of the control for the crossing of the state border or at the detection of the persons who tried to cross. illegally the state border, or by the General Inspectorate for Immigration, when the foreigners are in the territory of the Romanian state.
- it is found that at the date of applying for the foreign visa they did not fulfill the conditions provided by GEO 194/2002, republished, regarding the regime of foreigners in Romania;
- foreigners obtained entry visa based on false documents or information;
- foreigners introduced or tried to illegally introduce in Romania other foreigners or facilitated their transportation or accommodation;
- foreigners violated customs regulations or passed or tried to illegally cross the state border;
- foreigners entered Romania during the interdiction period, previously stipulated.
- foreigners no longer meet the conditions required for the visa;
- the purpose for which the entry visa was granted is not respected;
- after the visa was granted, the measure against the entry into Romania was ordered against foreigners or they were declared undesirable.
If you are interested in other matters, such as continuing your stay in the country and the possibility to obtain citizenship in Romania, our team will give you the needed details. Acquiring this status is possible for foreign nationals who have been living in the country for eight years (or five, in some cases) and who comply with a set of clear conditions. Our team will give you more details upon request.