Family members of Romanian citizens will apply directly to the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania in the state in which they reside, the long-stay visa for family reunification.
I can apply for the family reunification visa for the following categories of people:
- foreigners married to Romanian citizens;
- unmarried foreigners living with unmarried Romanian citizens, if they have at least one child together, hereinafter referred to as partners;
- the children of the Romanian citizen, of the spouse or of the partner, including the adopted ones, who: did not reach the age of 21 years, are in the continuation of studies and have not exceeded the age of 26 years; although they are adults, they cannot support themselves for medical reasons alone;
- 1st degree relatives in ascending line of the Romanian citizen or his / her spouse;
- the foreign parent of the Romanian minor citizen, if he or she proves that the minor is in his or her maintenance or that there is an obligation to pay the maintenance pension, an obligation that the foreigner fulfills regularly;
- foreigners, family members of Romanian citizens, who prove that they are registered with the right of residence in another Member State as such.
The visa application for the family members of the Romanian citizens will be accompanied by the marriage certificate issued by the Romanian authorities or transcribed according to the law, or, as the case may be, by the proof of the family relationship or the quality of a partner.
The visa applicants for the foreign family members of the Romanian citizens, who prove that they are registered with the right of residence in another Member State as such, will be accompanied by documents attesting that they are registered with the right of residence in another Member State, as a family member of the Romanian citizen.
The granting of the long-stay visa for family reunification can be refused when the request is based on a marriage of convenience found previously, under the conditions of this emergency ordinance, or when the existence of a state of bigamy or polygamy is found.