61 Unirii Boulevard, Bl. F3, Entrance 4, 2nd floor, Apt. 208, Bucharest

Business Visa in Romania

Investment Visa Romania

In most European Union state members you can obtain and investment visa, if you invest in an existing or new local business or buy a property. 

Of course, there is a certain amount that the investment needs to meet in order to obtain the investor visa, and the amount differs from country to country.

Also, most countries offer temporary visas that are valid for 1 year, but can be renewed.

After a few years, the investors can apply for permanent visa.

In addition, the investor must bring proof of anti-money-laundering and creation of local jobs, amongst other.

What are the requirements for obtaining an investement visa in Romania?

In Romania, this visa is granted based on the prior endorsement of the Romanian Center for the Promotion of Foreign Investments, to those who are either associates or shareholders, or will become managers or administrators of companies that are legally represented in Romania.

The conditions that must be met are opening or investing in an existing business to create minimum 10 permanent jobs for at least 5 years.

In addition, the investor will have some benefits by obtaining this type of visa: he can bring his family to live with him in Romania (spouse and minor children).

After 5 years, the investor with his spouse and minor children can apply for citizenship in Romania.

Is it true that getting a Romanian investment visa is not that hard?

Compared to other European countries, it is much cheaper to invest in Romania and grow your investment in the future, due to the European Union funding that leads to rising prosperity.

For example, in UK the investment in about 1 million pounds, while in Romania you need to invest at least 100.000 euro in order to be granted the investor visa.

When having a good idea and the right support, anyone can run a successful business in Romania, or any other European country.

Long Stay Visa in Romania

Are you a citizen of a state outside the European Union and the European Economic Area? Do you want to stay on the Romanian territory for a longer period of time and have your business? You must be a shareholder or associate with the management or management duties of a trading company and obtain the specialized technical approval issued by the Ministry of Business, Commerce and Entrepreneurship (M.M.A.C.A).

Once you get this opinion, you can get a long-stay visa from the diplomatic missions and consular offices of Romania. (See their list).

To obtain a long-stay visa for commercial activities, you must submit the following documents:

- the specialized technical opinion issued by the Ministry for the Business, Commerce and Entrepreneurship Environment (M.A.CA);

- a criminal record certificate or other document of the same legal value;

- medical insurance valid throughout the visa period;

- proof of accommodation conditions.

The visa fee is 120 Euros and is paid in the state where you apply.

All these documents are submitted to diplomatic missions or consular offices of Romania.

As an internal procedure, the long-stay visa shall be approved by the National Visa Center only after obtaining the opinion of the General Inspectorate for Immigration. The notice shall be issued no later than 30 days after the receipt of the request, with the possibility of extending the term by 15 days.

The long-stay visa is granted for a period of 90 days with one or more trips.

Residence permit in Romania

After you have entered Romania, you must obtain a residence permit. It certifies your right to stay in Romania and you can obtain it from the territorial units of the General Inspectorate for Immigration in the county where you live. To obtain a residence permit, you will personally submit a set of documents at least 30 days before the expiry of the visa right. You can also submit documents through the online application available at https://portaligi.mai.gov.ro/portaligi/

For the first extension of the right of residence (obtaining the first residence permit) for commercial activities, you must submit the following documents:

- request;

- the border crossing document (passport, travel document, etc.) in original and copy;

- certificate of attestation;

- the specialized technical opinion issued by the Ministry for the Business, Commerce and Entrepreneurship Environment (M.A.CA);

- company registration certificate (original and copy);

- the company's constitutive act (original and copy);

- the court order of establishment (original and copy);

- proof of the means of maintenance (in the amount of EUR 500 per month for associates and EUR 700 per month for shareholders during the period of validity of the permit);

- proof of legal ownership of the registered office space (original and copy);

- proof of legal possession of the living space (original and copy);

- proof of social security;

- medical certificate;

- statement

- taxes.

The beginning is a little bit harder when opening a business in Romania. Darie, Manea and Associates Law Firm is here to support you with a vast experience in different law areas. We offer support in the process of obtaining visas and citizenship for foreign investor and, we can help you find the best investment and start in no time.

The above details are for your information. For more information regarding obtaining an investor visa  in Romania, please contact us. Our lawyers from Bucharest provide free consultation.